Seven days of sanity. Saturday April 8, 2017
Trying to keep myself active when I'm feeling low is a battle, but I have a mantra in my head 'It's a walk, not a sprint' and I remember that every little helps. If I can build some exercise into my daily routine, whether it's an organised event or class or a meet up with a friend, I get up in the morning that little bit easier. These are some of the activities that give me 'Seven Days of Sanity':
• Go for a run
• Play tennis
• Take a walk
• Join an exercise class
• Do yoga
• Try a bike ride
• Dive in for a swim
• Trainers on. Don't hide under the covers. Don't stay in.
• Breath the fresh air, feel your lungs expanding, fire the endorphins.
• Do it with a friend, join a group, find your 'we'.
• Clear the mind, fight the noise and distract your thoughts.
• Aim for steps, burn the calories, take deep breaths.
• Feel the weather, smell the sweat, hear the beat of a different tune.
• Relax, no fight or flight.
You'll get there soon.
A Moodscope member.
Thoughts on the above? Please feel free to post a comment below.